Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 3

I'm so glad Day 3 is a Friday...it just seems to fit well.

I took my class for the Challenge (and to calm some nerves) and then taught a class!

As a practice class it was open to my friends/family and then the Challengers-they got a bingo stamp on their BINGO card!

But mum wasn't in the room! So it was odd. Good but odd.

Some nerves kicked up that haven't in my last few practice classes. I really want people to enjoy their classes and feel like they got what they came for-this is going to be my challenge in teaching. Letting THAT go. Trusting I know the poses. Trusting I can watch the bodies and instruct based on the room and knowing each student brings in their own stuff and that I can't change that or how they feel, I can only instruct the best class possible with all I bring.

Having Ashley as encouragement last night and today was fantastic though. I think the best thing she said and what I keep coming back to is that I need to teach from my practice. Which means really coming to my mat and being in those moments so I can lead others into those moments.

My body so far has accepted the challenge and I actually had maybe one of the best nights sleep (if not the best) since I got back from Training. AND it was at a normal hour.

Bring on Day 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment