You know the ones I'm talking about. Little things that compound until you just need to step back. Breathe and give thanks for the things that you have to put it into perspective.
My heart goes out to the person who lost their life today in a car accident that literally stopped the city I am in from moving so fast.
Yes, it taking almost 45 minutes to get home from the studio was an annoyance but I am alive, my loved ones are safe, I was able to see the beauty in the city I usually drive through without blinking. The architecture, the older lady waiting or watching while the leaves changed.
So in spite of today being one of those days, today I am grateful for....
1. My life, the breathes no matter how shallow, how hard, each one in and out.
2. The history of my city
3. Being able to slow down without stressing about work
4. Eating a pomegranate while stuck in traffic
5. Slow flows
6. Reconnecting with my body
8. Colleagues/Teachers/Friends who care
9. Feedback (negative/positive) so I can grow
10. Being able to feel deeply
11. Canadian Healthcare
12. Opportunities to travel the world
13. Pre-dinner naps
14. Smiles from wee-babes
Life without thankfulness is devoid of love and passion. Hope without
thankfulness is lacking in fine perception. Faith without thankfulness
lacks strength and fortitude. Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is
maimed and limps along the spiritual road.
John Henry Jowett