Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Maslow's Hierarchy

Making a big move always takes a lot more out of you than at first anticipated. This move has tried me in every way possible and has had me doing some crazy introspective thinking. Since, ya know, I don't do enough of that on my own time without all the complications. Anyway, recently I'd been thinking about [note: stressing about life] and Maslow's hierarchy of needs popped into my head. I kept going "I am so far from self-actualization....I wonder where I fall." SO I used my trusty Google device and voila! I have the pyramid at my finger tips.
There's the link to Wikipedia for the entire theory. And after looking, well I can't quite figure out WHERE I fall...I don't think it's possible to "have it all" which means in some areas of my life I am moving towards self-actualization and in some areas I'm probably stuck down in "safety." I'm very glad I took the time to look it up though. It was one of those jolts you need every once and a while to show that you aren't as "bad off" as you think. If you plan on being anything less than you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life. Abraham Maslow

No comments:

Post a Comment