Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Jackpot!

I hit the Fashion Karma Jackpot this last month.

One Saturday I got out of work and was taking the bus home when I stumbled upon the end of a street fair on Main. I enjoyed walking up the middle of the street and entered into the vintage store "Temple of a Modern Girl" and upon leaving I had achieved success in locating not one, but TWO, giant bulky tacky sweaters. For less than I imagined. $35 for the both. Jackpot!



Sweater Number 1. Lovely, a bit tacky, a bit wonderful.



Tacky GIANT cozy sweat Number 2. So much love. So much cozy.



Close-up view!

These weren't as hard to find as I thought and although not exactly what I pictured...I love them!

Now once again, Destiny intervened last Friday. I was exhausted, it had been a long week, but I had errands. I went to the bank that was closest to me-on Commercial Drive-after...I got enamored with the vintage shopping...and ended up spending all my time in one store "Mintage." Although the staff here were not helpful, or very friendly, since they were too busy trying on clothes to buy for themselves, the product was exquisite.

I landed my leather skirt for 18 Dollars!!!!! REAL LEATHER! Black! The thrill I have cannot be explained!



Now, the best part is I was able to purchase a wonderful sequin Butterfly Top.




I wasn't originally going to wear them together...but I actually think that they could work with the right shoes of course!



Trying them on in Mintage...


All that's left is checking off those knee high boots...keep your eyes peeled for me.

Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.
Coco Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment