Monday, September 5, 2011

One Step Forward.


Two steps sideways.

I've made a really big move in my life for various reasons. It was a long time coming and leaving home whether for good or bad needed to occur, however, everyone knows that cat's don't adjust well to change and are very stuck in their ways.

This move has been really hard for me in more ways than I imagined. And I'm not going to pretend I don't end up crying myself to sleep most nights or that I am thrilled I decided to move so far out of my comfort zone.

I still don't see these potholes as steps back though. Two steps back would be where I was a year ago, in the same position but living with no fear of failure and looking no where but back.

I have moved forward and to the side. My life has never followed any traditional path to anything, so why would it start that now.

I also decided to try my hand at painting, to ease some of the extra stress, anxiety and sadness that I'm experiencing. I have "completed" four paintings so far and each is so different from the rest but each one calmed me down and focused my mind.

I'm not sure I could make a living off painting but I am sure that I need to get back to my creative roots so I can continue on my forward march.



"This life is what you make it. Not matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, somg go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And babve, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up becuase if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about."

— Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment