Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New Blog. First Post.

Since I did not get involved in school newspapers, for various reasons, my article writing and samples are far behind those of my fellow BAH English Graduates. Putting me at a disadvantage in this crazy job sparse world.

In order to try and catch up, I figured the best way to do so would be with a blog. This will also allow my to express interesting, unique and generally amazing finds from new music to that vintage treasure I found when wandering.

I tried to come up with the most appropriate and fitting name for this blog. Something that would sum up both my character as well as what the blog would be about. As well as ensuring I would not get bored with the title I decided upon. As sometimes my attention span can be lax. When I told people I was trying to come up with a good name, the two suggestions I got were 'The Wrath of Kath' and 'Crazy Kath Lady.' Both of which I enjoy and love because the girls who came up with them are clever and insightful. However, because this is a public blog with the potential to be an online portfolio for me I thought they may have given the wrong first impression.

I settled on "The Kat's Meow" because Kat is becoming more of a nickname for me than I could have anticipated. The play on words is fun and I do love cats, in particular, my cat Shrimp. Because of Shrimp I have learned that "meows" can mean many different things and he uses them for a variety of reasons. Hence, my conclusion that "The Kat's Meow" encompasses all that I wanted to discuss and explore in this blog.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment